1008 pages, 10.9 × 9.1 × 1.4 in
January 1, 2013
Delmar Publishers Inc
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1133602517
ISBN - 13: 9781133602514
Table of Contents
1. Automotive Engines.
2. Theory of Engine Operation.
3. Engine Repair and Rebuilding Industry.
4. Engine Operating Systems.
5. Engine Materials, Fasteners, Gaskets, and Seals.
6. Intake and Exhaust Systems.
7. Factors Affecting Engine Performance.
8. Engine Configurations, Mounts, and Remanufactured Engines.
9. Cylinder Heads.
10. Camshafts and Valve Trains.
11. Timing Mechanisms.
12. Engine Block Construction.
13. Pistons, Rings, Connecting Rods, and Bearings.
14. Alternative Fuel and Advanced Technology Vehicles.
1. Safety and Shop Practices.
2. Basic Testing, Initial Inspection, and Service Procedures.
3. Engine Rebuilding Tools and Skills.
4. Diagnosing and Servicing Engine Operating Systems.
5. Repair and Replacement of Engine Fasteners, Gaskets, and Seals.
6. Intake and Exhaust System Diagnosis and Service.
7. Diagnosing Engine Performance Concerns.
8. Engine Removal, Engine Swap, and Engine Installation.
9. Cylinder Head Disassemble, Inspection, and Service.
10. Valve Train Service.
11. Timing Mechanism Service.
12. Inspecting, Disassembling, and Servicing the Cylinder Block Assembly.
13. Short Block Component Service and Engine Assembly.
14. Alternative Fuel and Advanced Technology Vehicle Service.
From the Publisher
TODAY?S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE REPAIR & REBUILDING, 5th Edition delivers the theoretical and practical knowledge you need to repair and service modern automotive engines and prepare for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exam. Designed around National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards, this system-specific text addresses engine construction, engine operation, intake and exhaust systems, and engine repair, as well as the basics in engine rebuilding. Move your career forward with discussions about advancements in hybrid technology, factors affecting engine performance, and the designs and functions of modern component parts. Long known for its technical accuracy and concise writing style, TODAY?S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE REPAIR & REBUILDING, 5th Edition revs up your reading experience with realistic line drawings, detailed photos, critical thinking questions, and much more!