992 pages, 11 × 9.1 × 1.7 in
June 26, 2009
Delmar Publishers Inc
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1435428242
ISBN - 13: 9781435428249
Table of Contents
1. Automotive Engines.
2. Theory of Engine Operation.
3. Engine Repair and Rebuilding Industry.
4. Engine Operating Systems.
5. Engine Materials, Fasteners, Gaskets, and Seals.
6. Intake and Exhaust Systems.
7. Factors Affecting Engine Performance.
8. Engine Configurations, Mounts, and Remanufactured Engines.
9. Cylinder Heads.
10. Camshafts and Valvetrains.
11. Timing Mechanisms.
12. Engine Block Construction.
13. Pistons, Rings, Connecting Rods, and Bearings.
14. Alternative Fuel and Advanced Technology Vehicles.
1. Safety and Shop Practices.
2. Basic Testing, Initial Inspection, and Service Writing.
3. Engine Rebuilding Tools and Skills.
4. Diagnosing and Servicing Engine Operating Systems.
5. Repair and Replacement of Engine Fasteners, Gaskets, and Seals.
6. Intake and Exhaust System Diagnosis and Service.
7. Diagnosing Engine Performance Concerns.
8. Engine Removal, Engine Swap, and Engine Installation.
9. Cylinder Head Disassembly, Inspection, and Service.
10. Valvetrain Service.
11. Timing Mechanism Service.
12. Inspecting, Disassembling, and Servicing the Cylinder Block Assembly.
13. Short Block Component Service and Engine Assembly.
14. Alternative Fuel and Advanced Technology Vehicle Service.
From the Publisher
The theory and service of modern automotive engines is at the heart of this new edition of TODAY?S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE REPAIR & REBUILDING. Thoroughly enhanced and updated, this book includes information on variable valve timing systems, hybrid and other advanced technology vehicles. Readers will learn how components are designed and how they function to support engine operation through the help of realistic line drawings and well-structured photographs that engage them in the parts and pieces of today?s automotive engines. The newly revised fourth edition includes more engine performance diagnostic information, as well as current NATEF content to help readers adequately prepare for the ASE certification exam in Engine Repair.