$7.20 online 
$9.99 list price save 27%
Earn 36 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Profile name: Madison MacDonald Age: 16 About me: Just your everyday suburban girl, who loves her boyfriend, friends, acting in school plays, and Friendverse, the hottest social networking site online. Who's in my Top 8: All my best friends (and maybe some of my worst enemies). Why you'll want to read this book: When my adorable Friendverse page is hacked into, my world gets turned upside down. Someone who is clearly out to get me has posted my ugliest photos, my most embarrassing secrets, and the most ludicrous lies about me online. Now all my relationships are crumbling, and I'm in serious trouble with my school's headmaster. Suddenly, everyone seems like a suspect, and I don't know who to trust. Can I find out who did this to me, and make my online life?and real life?make sense again?
KATIE FINN grew up in Manhattan and Greenwich, Connecticut. She now lives in Brooklyn and only checks her MySpace and Facebook accounts three?okay, eight?times a day. Friend-request her at www.myspace.com/ katiefinnwrites or write on her wall at www.facebook.com.
Title:Top 8Format:PaperbackDimensions:320 pages, 8.01 × 5.27 × 0.59 inPublished:October 1, 2008Publisher:SCHOLASTIC INCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0545053625

ISBN - 13:9780545053624

Appropriate for ages: 12

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Very Predictable This book wasn't bad, really predictable but overall not bad. The writing was good and the characters were believable but it was just lacking something.
Date published: 2009-05-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Pretty Good... Top 8 may not be in my "top 8" (I just had to use the title to say something cheezy like that) but that didn't stop me from really enjoying the novel! I really liked the novel (hence the 4 stars) and thought it also had an important message to say that having an online profile doesn't mean it defines who you are. You're more than just words on a screen. It also shows readers that you shouldn't talk about people behind their backs and expect to not having any fall-out or get caught. The author writing style was easy to get into, and from a point of view that any teen might understand. Madison MacDonald has just returned from a fun Spring Break in Ecuador to find that her Friendverse profile (which is like her life) has been hacked into. While she had been away with no internet access, someone has been acting as Madison, leaving damaging comments on her friends' profiles, blogging some of the hush-hush secrets that Madison had been keeping for her them (and which she'd told a few others), and some ugly pictures of herself. While her friends may have forgiven her after believing that Madison would never have done it, the rest of the school is not as forgiving. Plus, her boyfriend, Justin, of 17 days has believed that she broke up with him and is now dating someone else. So it's now up to Madison and her friends to figure out who would set out to ruin Madison's social life and to bring them to justice, while also trying to get Justin back. Bring on the suspects! (And prepare to be potentially surprised by who it is!)
Date published: 2009-05-01