Toxicology is a comprehensive text for researchers and graduate students in toxicology and public health. It addresses every aspect of the field, starting with the fundamentals and incorporating such areas as organ toxicology, applications, and environmental toxicology. In addition to covering the traditional subject matter of toxicology, special emphasis has been placed on recent areas of interest, such as risk assessment, apoptosis, and methodical developments.
* Comprehensive text, covering all aspects of the field of toxicology
* Analyzes the importance of toxicokinetics and metabolism as well as cellular targets for the mechanisms of toxic effects
* Identifies the various classes of chemical compounds responsible for the toxic effects
* Describes the approaches and methods used by various disciplines which investigate toxic effects and their prevention
* Adapted from a very successful German text, this edition is completely revised and expanded
* The text is well illustrated with diagrams, charts, and tables