The study of estuaries and coasts has seen enormous growth in recent years, since changes in these areas have a large effect on the food chain, as well as on the physics and chemistry of the ocean. As the coasts and river banks around the world become more densely populated, the pressure on these ecosystems intensifies, putting a new focus on environmental, socio-economic and policy issues.
Written by a team of international expert scientists, under the guidance of Chief Editors Eric Wolanski and Donald McClusky, the Treatise on Estuarine and Coastal Science examines topics in depth, and aims to provide a comprehensive scientific resource for all professionals and students in the area of estuarine and coastal science
- Most up-to-date reference for system-based coastal and estuarine science and management, from the inland watershed to the ocean shelf
- Chief editors have assembled a world-class team of volume editors and contributing authors
- Approach focuses on the physical, biological, chemistry, ecosystem, human, ecological and economics processes, to show how to best use multidisciplinary science to ensure earth's sustainability
- Provides a comprehensive scientific resource for all professionals and students in the area of estuarine and coastal science
- Features up-to-date chapters covering a full range of topics