Shyness isn't just a personality quirk-to some people it means that even a casual social interaction can be a nightmare. Endorsed by The Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA), the primary organization in the U.S. dedicated to the cure of anxiety disorders, this is the only book of its kind to provide a comprehensive psychological and medical approach for sufferers of the debilitating syndrome of acute shyness and social phobia.
Triumph Over Shyness focuses on a range of powerful new treatments that have become available and offer new hope for people with social anxiety. Other features include:
* Guidelines for coping with difficult social situations
* Pros and cons of various kinds of therapy
* Stories of others who have successfully overcome social anxiety
* The use of case histories to illustrate the points of each chapter
* Worksheets and checklists to zero in on problem areas
* Plus a special chapter for parents on how to help their children conquer shyness