Following on Two Pints, another hilarious book on everything that matters from the brilliant Roddy Doyle.
Two men meet for a pint -- or two -- in a Dublin pub. They chew the fat, set the world to rights, curse the ref, say a last farewell. In this second collection of delicious comic dialogues Doyle's drinkers ponder:
• a topless Kate Middleton
• Barack and Michelle Obama
• David Beckham ("Would you tattoo your kids' names on the back of your neck?" "They wouldn't fit.")
• Jimmy Savile ("a gobshite")
• the financial crisis (again)
• abortion (again)
• and horsemeat in your burger...
Once again, those we have lost troop through their thoughts -- Lou Reed, Seamus Heaney, Reg Presley, Nelson Mandella, Phil Everly, Margaret Thatcher, Shirley Temple -- and they still have that unerring ability to ask the really fundamental questions like "Would you take penalty points for your missis?"