240 pages, 7.28 × 5.25 × 0.8 in
October 3, 2013
Portable Press/Consigned (BTPG)
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 1592239110
ISBN - 13: 9781592239115
About the Book
From the cowboy companions of the Old West to elegant Kentucky Derby winners, Uncle John has collected enough facts and trivia to please the most demanding equine enthusiast. It's all here: the secrets of Secretariat, Affirmed, and other Triple Crown winners; horse records (the biggest, smallest, oldest, and fastest); what it takes to be a jockey; Austria's dancing Lipizzans; fictional and mythological horses from Black Beauty to Pegasus; the first American horse race; those high-stepping Budweiser Clydesdales; and much more.
From the Publisher
Quit horsing around! Whether you want to ride 'em, race 'em, or raise 'em, you'll find everything equine in these pages. From the cowboy companions of the Old West to elegant Kentucky Derby winners, Uncle John has tracked down some of the most hair-raising, hilarious, and heartfelt horse tales from around the world.
Saddle up and read about:
* The secrets of Secretariat, Affirmed, and other Triple Crown winners
* Horse records--the biggest, smallest, oldest, and fastest
* What it takes to be a jockey
* Austria's dancing Lipizzans
* Pressing equine questions (Just how big is a hand, anyway?)
* The wild ponies of Chincoteague
* Mythological horses: Pegasus, unicorns, and centaurs
* The high-stepping Budweiser Clydesdales
* And much more!
About the Author
The Bathroom Readers' Institute is a tight-knit group of loyal and skilled writers, researchers and editors who have been working as a team for years. The BRI understands the reading habits of a very special market--Throne Sitters--and is devoted to continuously arming enthusiasts with facts and conversation pieces designed to bowl anyone over.