These tempting dishes are bold, innovative, fresh, easy and above all delicious. They reflect this chef's expertise and complex palate, yet each recipe is both easy and good. Both vegans and non-vegans will find them absolutely delicious.
The recipes are vast and varied and use the ingredients typically found in a vegan's kitchen or pantry. Douglas McNish starts with "Vegan Basics" featuring 20 recipes for dishes most popular in vegan cuisine like Whipped Non-Dairy Butter, Mayonnaise, Curry Paste, Vegetable Stock and pie crust.
These 500 recipes include every meal of the day or special occasion to celebrate. Here's just a tiny sampling of the sumptuous recipes that await:
- Tomato and Spinach Ragout, Buddhist Noodle Bowl
Stews, Chilies and Soups
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup, African Spiced Tempeh Chili
Pasta and Noodles
- Fettuccini Carbonara, Creamy Sweet Potato Linguine
Sautes and Stir Fries
- Pineapple and Coconut Fried Rice
- Okra and Squash Gumbo, Sicilian Eggplant Caponata
One Pot Meals/Casseroles
- Oven Baked Spicy Risotto, Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne
- Caramelized Onion and Olive Flatbread, Blueberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Banana Cake, Chocolate Cherry Dream Bars.
For novice cooks, busy families, or college students there are dozens of recipes to satisfy anyone's search for meal-plan options to fit the vegan lifestyle.