The definitive overview of venous and lymphatic diseases—complete with 400 color images
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This is a valuable resource for any physician taking care of patients with venous and/or lymphatic disorders. It is an up-to-date, comprehensive book on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with these often under-recognized disorders. Well written, with many high quality illustrations, figures, and tables, this book will serve as an important reference for many students and practitioners in a variety of specialties."--Doody's Review Service
Presented in full color and written by a world-renowned author team, this all-in-one guide covers every key aspect of disorders affecting the venous and lymphatic systems.Venous and Lymphatic Diseases opens with fundamental topics, including anatomy and physiology, which provide a solid foundation for such important clinical considerations as the physical examination and appropriate diagnostic imaging modalities, specific disease states, and treatment protocols. You’ll also find incisive overviews of conditions commonly encountered in clinical practice, which are conveniently presented by body system.
Supported by numerous references and color illustrations throughout, Venous and Lymphatic Diseases expertly reviews the latest advances in the field and takes you through new and emerging treatment options, including pharmacologic therapies. Features:
- All inclusive coverage of everything from common disorders, such as varicose veins, to unusual and rare entities, including trauma and congenital abnormalities
- Up-to-date information on function and dysfunction, plus proven strategies that facilitate accurate diagnosis and successful therapeutic outcomes
- An important, timely section on systemic diseases that includes coverage of tumors, malignancy, and venous hypertension resulting from chronic heart failure
- A concluding section offers a practical overview of lymphatics, the clinical approach to the patient with edema, and wound care
- More than 400 superb, full-color images, including clear, precise illustrations, photographs, and radiographs--as well as numerous tables and figures--in every chapter, reinforcing the text’s authoritative content
- Excellent pedagogy, including reader-friendly chapter introductions, chapter-ending summaries, and full references to facilitate understanding and review