Veterinary Toxicology, 2nd Edition, is a unique single reference that teaches the basic principles of veterinary toxicology and builds upon these principles to offer an essential clinical resource for those practicing in the field. This new edition brings together insights from qualified and well-experienced authorities across all areas of veterinary toxicology to provide an authoritative and in-depth look at all facets of veterinary toxicology, including target organ toxicity, melamine and cyanuric acid, toxicogenomics, chemical terrorism and nanoparticles.
While most comparable texts are primarily directed toward the field of human toxicology, this is the one text needed to thoroughly prepare future veterinarians on the newest approaches for diagnosing poisoning cases in all animals from chemicals and plants of a diverse nature as a result of inadvertent, accidental, or malicious intents. It is thoroughly updated with new chapters and the latest coverage of topics not tackled in any previous books such as target organ toxicity, radiation and radioactive materials, FDA regulatory issues, and ethics in veterinary toxicology. There are also expanded discussions on international topics such as epidemiology of animal poisonings and regulatory guidelines and poisonous plants in Europe. Problem solving strategies are offered for treatment.
This volume will be of interest to practitioners, professors and students of veterinary medicine and veterinary toxicology, poison control centers, marine biologists, environmentalists and animal scientists.
- Selected for inclusion in Doody's Core Titles 2013, an essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries
- New chapters covering important and timely topics such as melamine and cyanuric acid, toxicogenomics, toxic gases and veterinary medical geology
- Expanded look at international topics, such as epidemiology of animal poisonings, regulatory guidelines and poisonous plants in Europe
- Heavily contributed book with chapters written by qualified and well-experienced authorities across all areas of veterinary toxicology
- Problem solving strategies are offered for treatment as well as in-depth knowledge of the basic mechanisms of veterinary toxicology