MPLS is many things to many people. If you're moving IP voice traffic, it may mean performance gains for you.
Daniel Minoli's Voice Over MPLS gives you the technical and business lowdown on innovative new solutions for packet-based voice. What does it take to build flexible, high-performance networks with enhanced quality of service? Maybe not as much as you think.
RELIABLE VOICE SERVICES THAT CUSTOMERS CAN AFFORD
With VoMPLS, you can deliver the quality associated with VoIP over ATM links without the cost in either bandwidth or equipment. Based on label-switching standards from the IETF and the work of a number of leading companies, Voice over MPLS lets you packetize voice without the added overhead of IP encapsulation. It also suppresses periods of silence, freeing up bandwidth for other uses.
From one of the most experienced names in telecom technology, Voice Over MPLS shows you how to-
* Provide multiple, high-quality services without costly leased lines
* Deliver low-bandwidth voice over ATM, Frame Relay, or IP
* Add phone "lines" without adding equipment
* Solve scaling issues for small- and medium-sized users
* Obtain consistent call quality without crunching bandwidth
* Discover ways to protect revenues during deployment
* Evaluate the potential role of VoMPLS in big-picture convergence
* Evaluate VoMPLS's impact on public networks
Find the engineering details you need for Label Switched Paths (LSPs), layers, signaling, CoS (Classes of Service), QoS (Quality of Service), VoMPLS in VPNs (Virtual Private Networks), implementation options, deployment, and more.