Warrenton-Hammond

December 7, 2009|
Warrenton-Hammond
$2.74
Kobo ebook

Available for download

Not available in stores

Prices and offers may vary in store

about

Located near the mouth of the Columbia River, Warrenton, incorporated in February 1899, is a city comprised of many earlier towns and villages. Hammond, although still having a separate post office and zip code, was merged with Warrenton in 1991. Fort Stevens, now an Oregon State Park, is located near Hammond. Lexington was the first county seat for Clatsop County until the county seat was vacated on December 4, 1879, and moved to Astoria. Skipanon, located near the same site as Lexington, was also annexed by Warrenton. Flavel, along the Columbia River between Warrenton and Hammond, was an active port for the Great Northern Steamship Company. It was annexed by Warrenton in 1918. Warrenton-Hammond documents each of these towns as they grew and became the present city of Warrenton.

Title:Warrenton-HammondFormat:Kobo ebookPublished:December 7, 2009Publisher:Arcadia Publishing Inc.Language:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN:9990051381467

Appropriate for ages: All ages

Look for similar items by category: