Wavesong: The Obernewtyn Chronicles 5

byIsobelle Carmody

Kobo ebook | December 9, 2008

Pricing and Purchase Info

$7.99

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

With the end of the wintertime that isolates Obernewtyn from the rest of the world, Farseeker guildmistress Elspeth Gordie again sets out for the lowlands. But she soon finds that not everyone welcomes the changes brought about by the rebellion. There is a traitor among the rebels—a traitor whose hatred of Misfits puts Elspeth in danger as she attempts to thwart an invasion of fanatical Herders.

From the Paperback edition.

Title:Wavesong: The Obernewtyn Chronicles 5Format:Kobo ebookPublished:December 9, 2008Publisher:Random House Children's BooksLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0375892419

ISBN - 13:9780375892417

Appropriate for ages: 12

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Another Great Work As a devoted fan of Isobelle Carmody, I was absolutely ecstatic when her Obernewtyn books were reprinted and released in Canada. What I thought was the second-last book in the Chronicles is actually the 5th of eight; 2 more books are expected to be released before myself and other avid fans can find out what happens to Elspeth and the other Misfits. In the mean time, in Wavesong, Elspeth's journey takes a sudden turn and her destiny becomes more obscure as fate takes hold once again. She experiences heartbreak, horror and faces untold dangers, and I thought in this book more than ever, I saw Elspeth as more than just the narrator but as an actual human being -- as fictional as she is, hahahaha. Nonetheless, I greatly enjoyed the series and was more than pleased with having to wait several years to finally read new adventures for Elspeth and Rushton.
Date published: 2009-02-08