The must-have guide to the first revision of the food pyramid in over 13 years!
For the first time in more than a decade, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has revised the Food Pyramid–the government’s official recommendations concerning the nutrients our bodies require and the proportion of each we need to stay healthy. The new guidelines, called My Pyramid, have been significantly adjusted to reflect the latest scientific research on nutrition. They are also very confusing!
What Should I Eat? helps clarify My Pyramid’s vast and complicated information and tells you exactly what you need to know in order to benefit from the new nutritional guidelines. Moreover, this essential manual will show you how to tailor My Pyramid for your specific health and fitness needs. You will learn how to
• Best meet the requirements of each food group
• Eyeball portion sizes (What does an ounce look like?)
• Gauge nutrition requirements for both women and men
• Pack maximum nutrition into every meal
• Make smart choices in restaurants
• Incorporate exercise into your busy schedule
With tips for shopping, storage, and cooking, and suggestions for seeking nutritional supplements and professional care, What Should I Eat? is your ultimate roadmap to a long and healthy life.
From the Trade Paperback edition.