Whatever is Lovely: A 90-Day Devotional Journal by Allia Zobel NolanWhatever is Lovely: A 90-Day Devotional Journal by Allia Zobel Nolan

Whatever is Lovely: A 90-Day Devotional Journal

byAllia Zobel Nolan

Hardcover | December 6, 2016

Pricing and Purchase Info

$18.50

Earn 93 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

—Philippians 4:8

Did you know you can totally change your life by changing your thoughts? Well, you can, and Whatever Is Lovely: A 90-Day Devotional Journal can get you started. With examples based on girls just like you, each of these 90 devotionals will show you how to fill your head and your heart with virtues taken straight from Philippians 4:8, helping you grow closer to God and the amazing life he intended for you.

Featuring a trendy color interior, a ribbon marker, and journaling lines for you to write your thoughts, Whatever Is Lovely will inspire you to read and reflect on the devotionals every single day.

Allia Zobel Nolan is an internationally-published author of over 200 children’s titles and adult trade titles. Her books reflect her two main passions, God and cats. Zobel Nolan lives and writes in Connecticut with her husband, Desmond Nolan and their two feline children.  
Title:Whatever is Lovely: A 90-Day Devotional JournalFormat:HardcoverDimensions:320 pages, 8.3 × 5.6 × 1 inPublished:December 6, 2016Publisher:ZonderkidzLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0310754100

ISBN - 13:9780310754107

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great journal! I got this for my niece, and she is really enjoying it. I think it's great to have a journal that helps young people, young women in this case, engage their relationship with God.
Date published: 2017-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Great Devotional for Girls This is a really, really nice devotional. It is as nice inside as on the outside! The devotional is based on Philippians 4:8 ("Whatever is true, whatever is noble...", etc.). Geared toward teen or tween girls, Whatever is Lovely examines subjects like relationships, clothing, school, and more, all geared towards honoring and serving God. Split into sections, the devotional doesn't have to be in order; it could be read by whatever topic you prefer. Sections include: -Whatever's Noble -Whatever's Lovely -Whatever's Praiseworthy -Perfect Peace Each devotion starts off with a Bible verse, then a title and a few paragraphs related to the subject. Then there are some areas for reflection following the devotional: "Food for Thought," "Second Thoughts," "Divine Thoughts" (a prayer), and "Your Thoughts" - a space for journaling. These areas get the reader diving deeper into what they just read and the lines for journaling will help readers apply the devotion to their lives. I really like that there is an area included just for writing; it makes the reading "stick" and some readers learn better that way. I also like how many devotions are packed into this book (90); it will last the reader quite a while. I really like how they designed this book. It's a hardcover, which makes it really durable. The inside is just as cute as the cover - all purple text with hearts strewn around. Plus, it has a purple ribbon marker to hold your page. This devotional makes a great resource for girls. I think it can provide encouragement and guidance for girls just at the time when they need it. Plus, as an adult, I learned a lot from the devotions, too - they are well-written and not as surface-level as some books. Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Date published: 2017-01-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Whatever is Lovely by Allia Zobel Nolan Whatever is Lovely, A 90- Day Devotional Journal by Allia Zobel Nolan is the newest published work by the Faithgirlz collection by Zonder Kids. It's focus is a Bible verse from the Book of Philippians. It says: "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."- Philippians 4:8. The idea is that you can change your life by changing how you think. This book features 90 devotions that explore each virtue mentioned in the Bible Verse, all divided up into thought provoking sections. A Bible verse that deepens the key idea in the devotional text, Food for thought, adding extra emphasis and a deeper thought to it. Next, Second Thoughts, bringing in a secondary idea, that really brings it all together. Divine Thoughts, bringing in Jesus's perspective and prayer, and finished off with a journaling area for Your Thoughts. Over all, its a lovely design and easy to manipulate for any young girl wanting to focus on having true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy thoughts and focusing her life on Jesus Christ. It is also a good discipline in the making to journal your thoughts, to look back on and see the changes and progress you have made. A definite recommendation.
Date published: 2017-01-11