Deploy Windows 2000 in new environments and legacy networks.
Get all the expert information you need to successfully migrate your organization to Windows 2000. Industry insider Rand Morimoto's implementation plans and real-world examples provide step-by-step instructions, easily overlooked pitfalls to avoid, and critical areas that need to be explored to ensure success. Paced with tested, accurate information, Windows 2000 Design & Migration covers all major issues--from planning, designing hardware and LAN/WAN infrastructures, and designing and managing DNS and server deployment. The dozens of critical system-level changes from NT 3.51 and 4.0 are also described in detail, including the updated version of NTFS, new directory services architecture, and revamped security framework.
- Design and plan the migration to Windows 2000 in new and existing networks
- Assemble an effective transition team and realistic budget
- Develop the hardware and LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Create a robust enterprise Active Directory from scratch
- Migrate other directory services (Exchange v5.5, DDS) and domain securities (NT 3.51, 4.0) to Active Directory
- Integrate Windows 2000 into an existing DDS
- Analyze system performance and conduct accurate site evaluations