byAnn Gimpel

Kobo ebook | April 21, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$4.08

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

After years as a black ops CIA agent, nothing surprises Roy Kincaid, yet his current assignment is close to a bust. How could his target—renegade genetic freaks—drop off the radar as if they never existed? Burnt out and discouraged, he hunches over a meal in a backwater diner when a half-frozen woman with the look of an abused runaway staggers through the door. On his feet in an instant, Roy kicks himself. His first instinct is to help her, make certain she stays long enough for the bluish cast to leave her lips. His second is to finish his meal and leave. The world is full of broken women. It’s not his job to fix them, but he can’t take his eyes off her. 

Glory’s telepathic ability blares a harsh warning. Roy hunts those like her, but damn if he didn’t buy her dinner. Maybe she can fool him, just for tonight. Add a dry motel room to the meal. If she plays it very cool, he’ll never find out she’s on the run from the same group he’s targeted for death.

Enhanced genetics only go so far. A roadblock and her face on a Most Wanted flyer shatter her fragile truce with Roy. If her Handlers find her, they’ll kill her. If Roy finds out what she is, she’ll be worse than dead. 

Title:Winning Glory: GenTech Rebellion, #1Format:Kobo ebookPublished:April 21, 2015Publisher:Ann Gimpel Books, LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1943093172

ISBN - 13:9781943093175

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Love and espionage with a side of sci-fi please An engaging story of love and espionage, Winning Glory will snag you from the beginning. Engineered superhumans rebelling against their creators is the basis for this series. But if the callous acts of humanity aren’t bad enough to cause a rebellion the acts of the Nameless Ones are the topping on the cake of injustice. The book opens with Glory completing her first assigned mission for the Nameless Ones. You get an immediate introduction to the differences created in the superhuman. The mission sets the espionage tone for the rest of the book. The male superhumans aka the Nameless Ones segregate, starve and punish their females in order to keep them controllable, uninformed and usable. A push too far finds Glory on the run from both the Nameless Ones and the CIA that hunts them. Roy a black ops CIA agent discovers Glory in a diner in Minnesota when she wanders in inadequately dressed for the freezing weather outside. He’s instantly drawn to her. While it takes him awhile to unravel her secrets the journey to enlightenment sees him revising his judgments on the “freaks”. We discover a caring, protective and loving alpha hero. I really enjoyed to fast paced journey to love and adventure with Glory and Roy and I’m really looking forward to new books in this series. All in all this was a well written story and I highly recommend it. I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Date published: 2015-06-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Don’t you get it? I’m never leaving you anywhere. HOLY MOTHERSHIP! This is a SPECTACULAR sci-fi-paranormal romance of a book! It is just so...so...SO WOW!!!! I have read a fair number of Ann's books and have enjoyed EVERY. SINGLE. ONE! And yet she still manages to astound & amaze me with the diversity in her subjects, the characters and the way that she pushes the boundaries to ensure that her books are never classed as mainstream or cookie cutter types! Which is utterly fantastic because it also shows just how much Ann puts into her books, the research, the love & effort all to give us readers a uniquely spectacular, impossible-to-put-down romantically sexy adventure that you never want to end! For those of you have read Ann's books – even just one - you know exactly what I mean when I say that it is hard to pigeonhole her books into one genre! I recently finished my favorite Ann series - Earth Reclaimed - pardon me, it WAS my favorite – and wasn’t sure that she could write another that would even compare to it. Oh was I ever wrong! Winning Glory has by far and away stolen my breath and my love, but please don't tell Fionn & Aislinn okay?!? *smiles* Winning Glory also occupied most of my day as well, since I haven't done anything except sleep & read since I started this book up until I finished it! IT IS THAT FANTASTIC!!! I don't want to say too much regarding the storyline as I don't want to spoil anything for you! Suffice it to say that Roy is my new book boyfriend and I would give anything to have the character, strength and integrity like Glory! (Of course, I wouldn't mind being smokin' hot like her either!) Okay, I will also say that this book has just about anything you could ever want in a story – humor, sexiness, romance, true friendship, love, super-humans, spy, adventures, rogue agents, bad guys, good guys, some you aren’t sure of, guys you want to love, gals you wish you could be and so much more!! Once again Ann expertly showcases her marvellous gift that enables her to write such captivating stories one after another! I was completely engrossed in this story and couldn't put it down! Ann has this phenomenal gift that enables her to not only successfully write such a variety of books & series, but to do it with such flair…panache & with this...LOVE that encompasses your whole being drawing you into each story and keeps you there until it releases you with those two words most hated by any avid reader - The End! Well, at least they are MY most hated words! But when they are followed up with “the story continues with...” then it softens the blow of a fantastic book coming to the end. Now to just wait for the next book! I am not the most patient of readers especially after just having met such a great new set of friends! This series will definitely be one that I read over & over again! In fact, whenever the next story is close to being released, I will be re-reading the books already out. Besides having a great excuse to read the book(s) again (like you need one!), it is also one of my favorite parts of a series - the fact that you CAN read the books over & over, enjoy them like it is the first time, and each time you discover new things, realize or understand different points & parts, fall in love with - or more in love - with the characters all over again and then as each new book is released they strengthen and deepen the series you already know & love, giving you more of the humor, adventure, joy, love & awesomeness that only Ann Gimpel can do! All in All, Ann Gimpel has written another fantastic book that has become a permanent fixture on my LOVE TO READ bookshelf!
Date published: 2015-04-22