CUT THROUGH THE HYPE! INDUSTRY INSIDERS COMPARE AND CONTRAST WIRELESS INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES AND MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL
Need to know how i-mode stacks up against SMS or WAP? Or the inside scoop on Bluetooth? Confused about XML and WML? Making sound dollars-and-cents business decisions about wireless internet technologies just got a lot easier! In Wireless Internet Crash Course each of the competing technologies is put under a microscope and dissected feature by feature so you know all their respective strengths and weaknesses, distinguishing characteristics, and which can best meet your company's needs.
The hard-to-get, detailed marketing analysis found in this plain-English, no-nonsense resource gives you the power to evaluate, decide, and lead in a field that moves at the speed of light and where a wrong decision can cost your company millions of dollars.
An indispensable companion for wireless telecom managers, developers, network managers, engineers, technicians, sales and marketing personnel, and savvy investors, and required reading for any industry executive competing in the mobile applications arena, Wireless Internet Crash Course is your best guide through the confusing maze of wireless internet technologies.
LOOK INSIDE FOR . . .
* The comparative strengths and weaknesses of SMS, i-mode, WAP, Bluetooth, and other wireless internet technologies
* An analysis of existing and potential wireless internet markets with a focus on where the real money is and will be in the future
* Detailed coverage of interoperability issues
* The inside scoop on mobile application development languages, including XML, c-HTML, WML
* 2.5G and 3G solutions and requirements
* "Real world" business models