This information-packed guidebook introduces you to more than sixty breweries and brewpubs—from the Shipwrecked Brew Pub in Egg Harbor, to smaller craft breweries like Capital Brewery west of Madison, to the world-famous Miller Brewing Company of Milwaukee. Robin Shepard includes descriptions and his personal ratings of some 600 local beers, plus a taster’s chart you can use to record your own preferences.
For each brewpub and brewery site you’ll find:
• a description and brief history, plus any "Don’t miss" features
• names, comments, and ratings for all their specialty beers
• notes on the pub food, with recommendations
• suggestions of other sites to see and activities in the local area
• information about bottling and distribution
• availability of tours, tastings, gift shops, mug clubs, and "growlers"
• address and contact data, including Web sites and GPS coordinates!
Shepard also introduces novices to the brewing process and a wide variety of beer styles. And, you’ll find a list of helpful books and Web sites, as well as information on Wisconsin beer tastings and festivals. As we say in Wisconsin, "So, have a couple a two, three beers, hey?"