Paperback | July 2, 2013

Pricing and Purchase Info

$13.95

Earn 70 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

The tale of William Tell has never been rendered this beautifully as in Mitsuhisa Kuji's stunning debut work Wolfsmund, where a fortified barrier-station torments the Swiss Alliance murdering all who stand against it, until William and his son attempt to defy it.

A fascinating reimagining of a European legend, Wolfsmund is a retelling of the William Tell legend with a focus on an actual landmark in the Uri district of Switzerland, the Devil's Bridge at St. Gotthard Pass. Filled with action, politics and drama it has all the makings of The Game of Thrones, including its share of bloodbaths, but told through a historical fiction perspective.
Little is known about Mitsuhisa Kuji (born in 1978) however we are certain that is a pen-name for an interesting young female artist with one of the finest pedigrees in Japanese comics. While Wolfsmund is her debut series, originally published in Japan by esteemed indie comic publisher and video game taste-makers, enterbrain!, she h...
Title:Wolfsmund, Vol 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:192 pages, 7.5 × 5.5 × 0.56 inPublished:July 2, 2013Publisher:Kodansha USALanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1935654756

ISBN - 13:9781935654759

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Satisfyingly Very Brutal I didn't really know what I'd gotten myself into with Wolfsmund until reaching the end and realizing the body count was pretty merciless. Mitsuhisa's art is perfect for portraying motion alongside highlighting certain emotions. My personal favourite is of Johanna who is shown as absolutely livid in one scene and that's something pretty rare to see: a woman drawn seriously while angry and it's not played for comic relief. Overall, I'm stoked to read on both for the art and the mysterious mistress who runs the inn.
Date published: 2018-03-02