This volume presents the first comprehensive treatment of the wide range of uses forXenopus laevisoocytes and embryos in cell and molecular biology. Each chapter includes background information, experimental protocols, and suggested applications. An extensive array of techniques is featured. The authors are experienced researchers who have written chapters that will be useful to both experienced researchers and to those new toXenopusas an experimental system. Full-color plates and diagrams enhance the educational value of this book, which provides a valuable permanent resource for all laboratories that useXenopus.
* Features approximately twenty full-color plates illustrating experimental techniques and results and depicting embryonic development
* Provides complete coverage of Xenopus laevis as an experimental system including
* Embryonic development, genetics, and laboratory care
* Up-to-date protocols for experimental techniques using oocytes and embryos
* General information listing recipes, suppliers, sequences, codons, and clones