$11.99

Earn 60 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

A LIFE IN MONOTONE
Kosei Arima was a piano prodigy until his cruel taskmaster of a mother died suddenly, changing his life forever. Driven by his pain to abandon piano, Kosei now lives in a monotonous, colorless world. Having resigned himself to a bland life, he is surprised when he meets Kaori Miyazono, a violinist with an unorthodox style. Can she bring Kosei back to music, and back to life?

Praise for the hit anime
“Your Lie in April is about two things: loss and love… A sight to behold.” -Kotaku
“A happy melody… about the power of music to inspire, to energize, to bring sunshine back into a life that’s lost it.” - Anime News Network
Naoshi Arakawa is a manga creator living in Japan. Your Lie in April is his first series in the U.S.
Title:Your Lie In April 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:224 pages, 7.6 × 5 × 0.6 inPublished:April 21, 2015Publisher:Kodansha ComicsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:163236171X

ISBN - 13:9781632361714

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from FEELS! I watched the anime and I could very much relate to the main protagonist, Kousei. I also play piano and have high expectations from others. Its soooooo emotional. I cried and everyone I know who watched the anime or read the manga has as well.
Date published: 2017-08-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Loved it! Bought this after watching the anime and it is remarkable.
Date published: 2017-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Stunning This series is amazing. Everything from the art to the story. Each page was inked to perfection, with emotion in every line. The characters were very relatable with designs to express each of their personalities. The sonnets that were played in this manga were described with passion. My heart was moved by this enchanting story of how music ties with our life.
Date published: 2017-07-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Very Emotional This series is an emotional roller coaster. It's thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish and keeps you captivated with every page. The characters are amazingly developed and you can't help but become attached to them. I would recommend these to anyone. Just be prepared to possibly cry.
Date published: 2017-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One of the more enchanting stories I have read Thoroughly captivating from start to finish and deeply emotional and heartfelt with strong characters. You don't need to be a musical theoretician to take something away from this series.
Date published: 2017-02-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Emotional Reading this manga was an emotional journey. It is amazing beyond words as it followed the lives of third year middle schoolers who are caught in the struggles of teenage hood. The anime have the greatest collection of sound tracks which I loved deeply as well as beautiful colours. It is a really emotional read for me, and I highly suggest it to anyone who enjoys something out of the norm.
Date published: 2016-12-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from LOVED THIS this was my first manga ever and i loved it
Date published: 2016-01-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Music Manga I was very interested in this title when I saw it was coming out and I'm thrilled I took a chance on it. It was utterly wonderful and better than I had expected. (My usual tastes are sci-fi/horror/ninja battles) A dramatic, slice of life tale with a twist. The main theme here is music. The major character Arima is a piano prodigy, but he gave it all up after his domineering strict mother died. He then meets a violin virtuoso who knows who he is/was. Kaori is unorthodox in her musical style and wants Arima to take up the piano again. But Kaori has a lot of baggage and issues associated with his playing, stemming from his upbringing, that he is going to have to deal with if he's to ever find a real passion for the music that is so much a part of him. The art here shows the music very well using all sorts of motion including body movemet and audience reaction that one gets a real sense of sound and tempo just from the illustrated page. The characters are sweet and adorable with many layers; I felt completely satisfied with them and am intrigued with where this story will go in the next volume.
Date published: 2015-04-21