NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- The #IndigoGiveaway (the “Contest”) starts at 7:00:00 PM (the “Contest Start Date”) on Thursday, November 19, 2015 and ends at 9:00:00 PM on Thursday, November 19, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). All times listed are in Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”).
- The Contest is only open to residents of Ontario (referred to as “Province”) who have reached the age of majority (the “Entrant”) at the Contest Start Date. Residents of the Province are eligible to enter for a chance to win a Prize allocated in Rule 4 (see prize allocation chart in Rule 4 below). The Contest is not open to employees of Indigo Books & Music Inc. (“Indigo” or the “Sponsor” ), its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, those with whom they are domiciled and members of their immediate families regardless of where they reside. For these rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse.
How to Enter
- No Purchase Necessary. To participate in the Contest, you must have a Twitter.com account and proceed as follows. Visit www.twitter.com and follow the instructions on how to create your account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Twitter.com account.
At approximately 7:00 PM EDT, the @chaptersindigo Twitter profile will post a tweet with a thematic question (for example: What’s the title of the book Legend is based on?). To enter the Contest, follow @chaptersindigo, reply to @chaptersindigo with your answer to the question before 9:00:00 PM EDT and include the hashtag #IndigoGiveaway at the end of the response (for example, a complete response would be “@chaptersindigo [Answer to the Question] and #IndigoGiveaway” to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Maximum of one entry per person per Twitter account.
- There are 2 Prizes (1 prize per winner) available to be won on November 19, 2015 as described below and subject to the following conditions and restrictions.
No. Available to be Won
Approximate Retail Value
1 double guest pass to an advanced screening of the movie Legend (the “Event”) for the Winner and 1 guest.
1 double guest pass = $40 (CAD)
Exclusions: Transportation to and from the Event Location and any other expenses. Prize is strictly limited to the Prize, as described above.
Prize Conditions and Restrictions:
- Film screening location, time, date and any further instructions regarding the fulfillment of the prize will be communicated to the winner via email.
- If a confirmed Winner indicates to Indigo that he/she will not be able to attend the Event, the Prize Package will be deemed forfeited by that Winner and Indigo reserves the right to award the Prize Package to an alternate Winner who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Official Rules.
- By attending the Event, Winner agrees not to bring any audio or video recording devices into the Event, including but not limited to video cell phones, cameras (digital and non-digital), laptops & camcorders, and consents to a physical search of belongings and person for such devices. Any attempted use of recording devices may result in immediate removal from the Event Location, forfeiture of the device, and may subject Winner to criminal and civil liability.
- In the event a Winner and/or his/her guest(s) engage in behaviour that (as determined by Sponsors and/or Theatre staff in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Indigo and/or Theatre staff reserves the right to terminate the experience early, in whole or in part, and ask such Winner and/or his/her guest(s) to leave the Event with no compensation.
By claiming any prize, I understand that any and all federal, provincial, municipal and local taxes resulting from any prizes I have won under the Contest are my sole responsibility, except for such taxes specifically described in the official rules and regulations of the Contest as being included in the prize. All details and other restrictions of the Prize Package not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Indigo in its sole discretion.
Limit: One Prize Package per person. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable, non-transferrable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize Package, or any part thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize Package cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) random draws will be conducted, selecting two (2) potential winners from the Province of Ontario on November 19, 2015 at approximately 9:15 PM EDT in Toronto, Ontario by the contest judges, who may be third parties or employees of the Sponsor, from the eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Winner Verification & Publicity/Liability Release
- The Selected Entrants will be announced via the @chaptersindigo Twitter feed by “tweeting” the Selected Entrant’s @username (“Twitter handle”) at approximately 9:30 PM EDT on November 19, 2015. The Selected Entrant has until midnight EDT to reply to the announcement tweet by a Twitter direct message. If the direct message is not received within the prescribed time, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant. The Selected Entrant must satisfy the requirements of Rule 8 below
- To be confirmed a Winner, a Selected Entrant must:
- (i) be eligible (satisfy all requirements in Rule 3 above) and in compliance with these Official Rules; and
- (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question sent via the direct message from @chaptersindigo Twitter account within 24 hours of it being sent.
Conduct and Limitation of Liability
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant they find to be: (a) violating these Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor takes no responsibility for typographical errors or other production errors, including but not limited to, in any tweet posted on the @chaptersindigo Twitter profile feed and in any advertising.
- By accepting the Prize, the declared Winner consents to the use of his/her Twitter user name, first name, statements, city of residence and/or photograph or other likeness in any advertising or promotional activities carried out in any medium by the Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
- Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of its directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or the awarding of a Prize.
- Further, Sponsor and the Releasees are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising of this Contest. Sponsor and the Releasees assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor only. By entering, Entrants agree to abide by these rules and will be deemed to have received, read and understood them by participating in the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Contest all together or to conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries to select a Prize winner. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Protection of Personal Information
EXHIBIT A: Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”)
I have read and understand the rules of the Contest. I am submitting this Declaration and Release with the understanding that it will be relied upon to determine my eligibility in the Contest operated by the Sponsors.
I affirm and represent that I have complied with all the official rules and regulations of the Contest and that I have committed no fraud or deception in entering the Contest or in claiming any prize. I further declare that I am not an employee of the Sponsors, their affiliates or subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, or immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, and spouse), nor am I a person domiciled with any such person. I declare that I completed on my own and without the aid of a calculator, computer, or any other device, the mathematical skill-testing question administered to me via the direct message from @chaptersindigo Twitter account. I further declare that I am a legal resident of Ontario who has reached 18 years of age.
I hereby give permission to the Sponsors, and the agents of the Sponsors to use, reproduce, exhibit, and/or display, without any obligation to compensate me, my photograph, name, comments and/or city/province of residence relating to my participation in the Contest in any and all Sponsors’ advertising, marketing and promotional materials, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest and redeeming this prize, I understand and acknowledge and hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, do knowingly and voluntarily waive and release and hold harmless the Sponsors and Prize Awarder, their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, agents, representatives, contractors, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, from all liability for any and all rights, claims, and causes of action, losses and damages of any kind, whatsoever I or any third party may have against such parties for any matter, cause or things whatsoever arising in connection with or related to my participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or utilization of any prize that I have won under the Contest including, but not limited to, any compensatory, direct, incidental, or consequential damages. Additionally, by claiming any prize, I understand that any and all federal, provincial, municipal and local taxes resulting from any prizes I have won under the Contest are my sole responsibility, except for such taxes specifically described in the official rules and regulations of the Contest as being included in the prize.
If any of the statements made by me in this Affidavit are found to be false, I agree to return immediately upon demand to the Sponsor the value of any prize I have won under the Contest and take any other remedial action reasonably requested by the Sponsors.