NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Sponsors - The #CanadaReadsContest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Indigo Books & Music Inc. (“Indigo”) and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (collectively, the “Sponsors”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
Contest Period - The Contest starts at 6:00 PM (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends at 8:00 PM daily from Tuesday, March 10, 2015 to Friday, March 13, 2015 (each a “Contest Date” and collectively, the “Contest Period”). All times listed are in Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid photo entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
Eligibility - The Contest is only open to residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older (the “Entrant”) at the Contest Start Date. The Contest is not open to employees of the Sponsors, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, those with whom they are domiciled and members of their immediate families regardless of where they reside. For these rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse.
How to Enter – No Purchase Necessary. To participate in the Contest, you must have a Twitter.com account and proceed as follows. Visit www.twitter.com and follow the instructions on how to create your account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Twitter.com account.
At approximately 6:00 PM EDT, the @chaptersindigo Twitter profile will post a tweet with a thematic question (for example: Which Canada Reads book should win this year?). To enter the Contest, reply to @chaptersindigo before 8:00 PM EDT with your answer to the question and the hashtag #CanadaReadsContest at the end of the response (for example, a complete response would be “@chaptersindigo [Answer to the Question] #CanadaReadsContest” to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one entry per Entrant during the Contest Period and the entry will not be carried forward to the next Contest Date for the Contest Period. You may use only one Twitter account to participate in the Contest.
Prize – There is one (1) Prize available to be won per day between March 10, 2015 to March 13, 2015 as described below (for a total of five (5) Prizes during the entire Contest Period) and subject to the following conditions and restrictions.
No. Available to be Won
Total Approximate Retail Value
- Tickets to the Canada Reads debate taping (the “Event”) for Winner and 1 guest.
($50 (CAD) per Prize)
Exclusions: Transportation to and from the Event Location and any other expenses. Prize is strictly limited to the Prize, as described above.
Prize Conditions and Restrictions:
- Canada Reads event location and taping date will be specified in an email to the Winner.
- If a confirmed Winner indicates to the Sponsors that he/she will not be able to attend the Event, the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Winner and the Sponsors reserve the right to award the Prize to an alternate Winner who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Official Rules.
- By attending the Event, Winner agrees not to bring any audio or video recording devices into the Event, including but not limited to video cell phones, cameras (digital and non-digital), laptops & camcorders, and consents to a physical search of belongings and person for such devices. Any attempted use of recording devices may result in immediate removal from the Event Location, forfeiture of the device, and may subject Winner to criminal and civil liability.
- In the event a Winner and/or his/her guest(s) engage in behaviour that (as determined by Sponsors and/or Event staff in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sponsors and/or Even Location staff reserve the right to terminate the experience early, in whole or in part, and ask such Winner and/or his/her guest(s) to leave the Event with no compensation.
By claiming any prize, I understand that any and all federal, provincial, municipal and local taxes resulting from any prizes I have won under the Contest are my sole responsibility, except for such taxes specifically described in the official rules and regulations of the Contest as being included in the prize. All details and other restrictions of the Prize Package not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsors in its sole discretion.
Limit: One Prize per person during the entire Contest Period. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable, non-transferrable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize, or any part thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received on the relevant Contest Date during the Contest Period.
- A random draw will be conducted each day at approximately 8:30PM ET during the Contest Period, selecting one (1) potential winner (“Selected Entrant”) from all the eligible entries received for that Contest Date during the Contest Period. In the event that the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed in accordance with these Contest Rules, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified, his/her entitlement to receive a prize will be forfeited, and awarded to an alternate eligible Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants.
Winner Verification & Publicity/Liability Release
- The Selected Entrant will be announced via the @chaptersindigo Twitter feed by “tweeting” the Selected Entrant’s @username (“Twitter handle”) at approximately 8:30 PM EDT on each day of the contest. The Selected Entrant has until midnight EDT on each contest day to reply to the announcement tweet by a Twitter direct message. If the direct message is not received within the prescribed time, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant.
- To be confirmed a Winner, a Selected Entrant must:
- (i) be eligible, in compliance with, and bound by these Official Rules, including the Declaration and Release attached to these Contest Rules as Exhibit A; and
- (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question sent via the direct message from @chaptersindigo Twitter account within 24 hours of it being sent.
Winners agree to Indigo sending their name and phone number to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation for the purposes of fulfilling the Prize redemption.
Conduct and Limitation of Liability
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant they find to be: (a) violating these Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning the Prize (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Entries that contain false or incomplete information may be void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of the Sponsors upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Sponsor takes no responsibility for typographical errors or other production errors, including but not limited to, in any tweet posted on the @chaptersindigo Twitter profile feed and in any advertising.
- By accepting the Prize, the declared Winner consents to the use of his/her Twitter user name, first name, statements, city of residence and/or photograph or other likeness in any advertising or promotional activities carried out in any medium by the Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
- Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, each of their parents and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or the awarding of a Prize.
- Further, Sponsor and the Releasees are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising of this Contest. Sponsor and the Releasees assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor only. By entering, Entrants agree to abide by these rules and will be deemed to have received, read and understood them by participating in the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Contest all together or to conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries to select a Prize winner. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Protection of Personal Information
EXHIBIT A: Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release”)
I have read and understand the rules of the Contest. I am submitting this Declaration and Release with the understanding that it will be relied upon to determine my eligibility in the Contest operated by the Sponsors.
I affirm and represent that I have complied with all the official rules and regulations of the Contest and that I have committed no fraud or deception in entering the Contest or in claiming any prize. I further declare that I am not an employee of the Sponsors, their affiliates or subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, or immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, and spouse), nor am I a person domiciled with any such person. I declare that I completed on my own and without the aid of a calculator, computer, or any other device, the mathematical skill-testing question administered to me via via the direct message from @chaptersindigo Twitter account. I further declare that I am a legal resident of Ontario who has reached 18 years of age.
I hereby give permission to the Sponsors, and the agents of the Sponsors to use, reproduce, exhibit, and/or display, without any obligation to compensate me, my photograph, name, comments and/or city/province of residence relating to my participation in the Contest in any and all Sponsors’ advertising, marketing and promotional materials, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest and redeeming this prize, I understand and acknowledge and hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, do knowingly and voluntarily waive and release and hold harmless the Sponsors and Prize Awarder, their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, agents, representatives, contractors, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, from all liability for any and all rights, claims, and causes of action, losses and damages of any kind, whatsoever I or any third party may have against such parties for any matter, cause or things whatsoever arising in connection with or related to my participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or utilization of any prize that I have won under the Contest including, but not limited to, any compensatory, direct, incidental, or consequential damages. Additionally, by claiming any prize, I understand that any and all federal, provincial, municipal and local taxes resulting from any prizes I have won under the Contest are my sole responsibility, except for such taxes specifically described in the official rules and regulations of the Contest as being included in the prize.
If any of the statements made by me in this Affidavit are found to be false, I agree to return immediately upon demand to the Sponsor the value of any prize I have won under the Contest and take any other remedial action reasonably requested by the Sponsors.