Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks (40 pc)Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks (40 pc)

Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks (40 pc)

byMelissa & Doug

Pricing and Purchase Info

$39.95

Earn 200 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

This item is NOT eligible for Free Shipping.

Available in stores

about

Young construction workers and architects will spend hours with these lightweight yet durable cardboard building blocks. This 40-piece set features three sizes of "bricks" for constructive imaginative play. Made of premium, extra-thick cardboard for strength, they are easy to assemble and feature a wipe-clean surface. The red blocks hold up to 150 lbs!
Product name:Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks (40 pc)Dimensions:19" H × 7.5" W × 12.5" LShipping weight:9 lbs.UPC:000772127844

Appropriate for ages: 2 - 8

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great for all ages! I have a 7 year old and 2 year old and they both are entertained for hours. We have three sets(120 blocks) and its the perfect amount for them both! totally recommend this product!
Date published: 2018-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I would buy this product again. I marvel at the engineering of these wonderful blocks. They were so simple to assemble and once assembled, very sturdy. My Granddaughter had so much fun the very first day....so many different activities. I know her Daddy loved the ones he played with at preschool and I am certain she will have hours of fun ahead with these! Thanks for a great product and great service.
Date published: 2018-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Christmas Hit Purchased for Christmas. Easy to assemble, but a bit time consuming. Put them together before you give them to the kids and put them in a bag.. Lots of fun to see construction begin as soon as they opened the bag o' blocks.
Date published: 2018-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Present! Our 16 month old grandson loves his new blocks. He stacks them, carries them around the house, and loves to knock down towers made by his parents. It's a wonderful gift that will offer challenge, creativity and enjoyment for years to come.
Date published: 2017-12-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love these blocks! This is the third box of these blocks I've bought. I love these because they are so sturdy yet lightweight.
Date published: 2017-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I would buy these again. Easy to assemble. Would like more of the larger blocks and fewer of the smaller blocks. Very good quality and durability.
Date published: 2017-12-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Fantastic Building Blocks Fantastic Building Blocks without the worry of getting a heavy object fall on you.
Date published: 2017-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Will buy for my other grandkids too! The kids will use for a long time. They love to build!
Date published: 2017-08-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Build it TALL! we love to build TALL!!!! he is heaven!
Date published: 2017-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love these blocks This has been a great purchase! My son didn't have any blocks yet so we stared out with these. He's been enjoying building with them & knocking them down. Since they are cardboard I don't have to worry too much about holes in my walls when he's using his Superman strength the knock the building down.
Date published: 2017-07-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from If our kids had more room we would order two boxes We have seven grandsons. We ordered the cardboard blocks before for our son whine he was a baby. He loved the blocks and played with them every day. We ordered sets of the blocks for our youngest grandson, who is four years old. The order was delivered with your usual promptness. We gave the blocks to our grandson and he was thrilled. He immediately started to put the blocks togethr so he could make castles and roads. The only issue was our need to create the blocks by setting them up which takes a fairly long time. All the grandsons now have new blocks and they all love playing with them. A great product and excellent service. Larry ad Sheila Teplin
Date published: 2017-05-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Yes Great toy for imaginative play for my grandchildren ages 3-12!
Date published: 2017-03-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This is a good buy This is a durable and great play item. A big hit with build'em and wreck'em 3-4 year old boys!
Date published: 2017-03-09
Rated 3 out of 5 by from You need at list two sets My kids had fun building with them and then knocking them down but they got bored after a short while.
Date published: 2017-02-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The grandkids favorite gift... The blocks were a gift to the grandkids. They loved them. They are sturdy and constructed to stack nicely.
Date published: 2017-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Would buy from Melissa & Doug again! These cardboard blocks are great! The kids build/play with them all the time!
Date published: 2016-12-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The is a reorder for extras Grandkids are getting these for Christmas. They already have some but we wanted to give them more.
Date published: 2016-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great toy for imagination, organization, logic... fun!! Got these (2 sets) for my grandsons (4 and 2) a couple of years ago. They still play with them regularly and their builds keep getting more sophisticated, going from the usual tower, to roads, bridges, garages and domino creations. Sturdy cardboard yet light enough for little hands. Overall, a great gift. I love how their imagination switch gets turned on by a simple pile of colourful bricks!
Date published: 2016-11-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great You can't go wrong with kids and cardboard I say. Love the different shapes and bright colors. Charlotte turned four and her cousin Geno (nine) came to play that day. They had so much fun building together. Nana ended up an animal in the zoo that they built.
Date published: 2016-03-08
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Quality issues, rare for M&D I bought these for my kids for Christmas. I didn't realize I'd be spending 2 hours assembling them on Christmas, but no big deal. Unfortunately, I saw all sorts of reviews about the weight they can hold and how well they can stand up. We've only had them for 3 months and half of them are destroyed. I don't think my kids are any more destructive than most, these things just don't hold up the way I had hoped. Very rare, nothing I've ever bought from M&D has had such a quality issue.
Date published: 2015-03-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Love these but wish I could buy add-ons My son and daughter (ages 2 and 6) LOVE building towers, tunnels and roads with these blocks and they are a playdate favorite for visiting friends. My only wish is that I could buy more of the red blocks as they seem to use (and run out of) those. Instead of buying an entire second set, it would be great if there were add-on sets. Also, the yellow blocks seem to crush/break really easily and my children just shove those into a corner (I should just recycle them probably)!
Date published: 2014-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Kids even have fun putting these away, My grand children have played with these blocks for 4 years and they are still in great condition. They have built castles and knocked them down, they've built walkways that they have walked on many times. Everyone comments on what a fun toy these are. No one has ever been hurt playing with them. They are light enough for little ones to handle.
Date published: 2014-02-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from TWINS LOVED THESE When my twins were babies (now 24) they loved these toys at a doctor's office, so I made them some out of tissue boxes and wrapped them in funny paper...which worked until they thought they were presents. I am now buying a set for my great nephews hoping they will enjoy them as much.
Date published: 2013-11-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great, but need more red ones These are great for large motor, but require care in stacking. Good for kids from 2 to 5 as a gift, but kids up to 10 will continue to play with them. The only problem is that the package includes too many of the smallest size, and not enough of the biggest size. Kids should be able to make a "fort" out of them and actually be inside it.
Date published: 2013-07-21
Rated 3 out of 5 by from not meant for classroom I bought three boxes for my toddler (20-30 month) classroom. These are great for fun building without the weight of wooden blocks. The con is that right away the kids began chewing on the corners and the cardboard just melts away. They cannot be wiped off for sanitation without damaging product. They take some time to get the knack of putting the blocks togther but once you get going they are easy. For home use where you are not going to wipe them off or have just one or two children playing they are fine, but our group of 12 toddlers destroyed them pretty fast.
Date published: 2012-06-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Awesome! My daughter got these as a Christmas present and they are just awesome. The construction is very durable and the colors are nice and bright. You may have difficulty getting your first few blocks together because they have an internal support system which means they won't squish the minute your child accidently steps on one! Assembly between two adults took 45 minutes.
Date published: 2011-01-08
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Too Many Yellow Bricks I thought the kids would be able to build forts/castles or other big structures with the blocks. After all, 40 blocks sounds like a lot. But 24 of those blocks are small yellow ones that aren't very useful. So far, my kids (ages 5-1/2 and almost 3) have only built tall towers with the blocks and don't seem very interested after some initial playing. Melissa and Doug used to offer a 12 piece red brick-only set, but that's been discontinued. So I'm considering buying a supplemental set made by someone else. I'm very disappointed.
Date published: 2010-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from These blocks are awesome!!! These blocks are great for all ages of kids...even adults. Blocks are really sturdy and hold up to a lot of beating. Only down fall is the sets need more large blocks and less of the small. Other than that they are great. Also, buy 2 sets, one set is not enough to build much.
Date published: 2010-03-07
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Show Me More Large Red Bricks There are very few of the large red bricks which would stack nicely and not cause as much frustration for a 3 year old builder as the many small yellow and blue bricks. Our granddaughter became very frustrated with the constant tumbling of her building attempts. Our children use to play for hours with a set of cardboard bricks, but theirs were all the large red size. The very small yellow bricks are a disappointment and they also make "pick up" more difficult. For the money, there should have been more large sized bricks.
Date published: 2009-12-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Imaginative Fun! I got these for my nephews (2 & 4) and they LOVE them. I imagined that they would just build forts and towers, maybe walls, but they take imagination to a whole new level! They've built pathways to walk on, stairs to climb, roads for their cars, tunnels to crawl through and turned the individual blocks into trains and cars. It's also nice that these are lightweight and even if they toss them around there's no chance of anyone getting hurt! The only downside of these blocks is that they are made of cardboard so they get dirty easily, need to avoid any kind of water spill, and can be torn apart pretty easily. They also take some time to assemble - each block is it's own origami project - so be prepared for some extended assembly time.
Date published: 2009-11-29
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Not what you think Over half of the "deluxe jumbo blocks" are actually very small-big disappointment and not at all what I was expecting. I cannot even purchase the large blocks separately.
Date published: 2009-11-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Pricey, but a great toy Great construction, weight, composition, color. Easy to assemble. But pricey for the quantity received considering they are simply cardboard.
Date published: 2009-05-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Nice but ..... predictably, the grandson stood on one of the blocks first off. We were surprised that it actually crushed sideways and ripped a bit. we taped it up but I was disappointed that the 3 year old could crush the block on the first day!
Date published: 2009-05-13