Earn 50 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:
Max 3

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Whether you’re creating a garden, forest, or something of your own imagination, this green-colored 32x32-stud baseplate is the perfect starting point for building, displaying, and playing with your LEGO® creations.
Product name:LEGO® Classic Green Baseplate 10700Product dimensions:12.13" H × 10.24" W × 0.12" LShipping dimensions:12.13" H × 10.24" W × 0.12" LShipping weight:0.23 lbs.UPC:673419232845

Appropriate for ages: 4 - adult

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect for Creativity These base plates are perfect to start a new creation and let the creativity flow. I wish they came in more colours though.
Date published: 2018-08-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Free set When I got the new lego creator pirate rollercoaster set when I went to pay for it they just threaten this in
Date published: 2018-07-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good value a bit flimsy I got 3 green baseplates and 1 blue baseplate and they were flimsy so I attached them to a sheet of plywood and they work great :) I would recommend that LEGO would either make these thicker or lower there prices
Date published: 2018-07-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Baseplate! I needed a baseplate for my Jurassic World MOC, and I'm very happy with this! I understand why many people haven't liked the color change to bright green, but this is fine for me, though I would have preferred the older green as well.
Date published: 2018-06-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by from nice product, needs more colors I bought two of these with a gift card I got for christmas, and they are currently in use on my ski mountain, holding the lodge and a couple lifts. it is quite useful except for the fact that I have to cover it in white plates. it would be nice to have white plates that are bigger than 6x8 studs. I would gladly spend more money for new colors.
Date published: 2018-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from my grandson loves this plate - he calls this the grass when he builds his lego city - he has a blue base plate that is the water - a beige base plate that is the land and of course he has the road base plates to go in and around his lego city that is built on the big grey base plate - i would recommend any of the base plates for any lego fan
Date published: 2018-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from projects need a base kids need a base to work their projects. green is great for 'outdoor' diarama type projects
Date published: 2018-03-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from really great! really useful for building your own lego buildings or to put other lego sets on
Date published: 2018-03-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from useful! great for building projects!!
Date published: 2018-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good for creations A sturdy board for creating on!
Date published: 2018-01-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Simple, yet appealing. The green base plate is very nice, like ice in a refreshing beverage on a warm summer's day.
Date published: 2018-01-07
Rated 3 out of 5 by from More expensive than the better base plates!?!? The color has changed ,price has raised and its not as good quality wise.why Lego.i have been a fan for many years and this was a bad idea in my opinion.
Date published: 2018-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great! This is good lego for build. If I had to put a price I would say get it. Me and my 3 kids that are not over the age of 20 love this lego. Thanks Lego.com
Date published: 2017-12-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from You Need This A necessity if you own any creator sets. Get it especially when it is on sale. #plumreview
Date published: 2017-11-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Very Useful An almost must have. Very helpful for building out larger sets.
Date published: 2017-11-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from super Great addition to any Lego collection.
Date published: 2017-11-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great item Great for building extras!
Date published: 2017-11-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great add on Great add on to make grass and to build upon.
Date published: 2017-10-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great addition Perfect for building extras!
Date published: 2017-09-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good This is good for lego city's
Date published: 2017-09-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Bad decisions being made at Lego... This is the second time that Lego have messed things up with base plates. Not long ago they retired the blue base plates. Not a great idea - apart from the fact that it is a basic colour for any water/sea based creations, it was around the same time that I was collecting the arctic sub-theme and I needed a bunch for a display. So... thanks for that! A really bad decision on Lego's part. They replaced it with a tan board...erm, seaside scenes - don't you need both sand and water???? Now they change the colour of the green boards so half of mine don't match. I have no idea when this change happened, it seems to have just slipped in quietly to the annoyance of many. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this board, so I wouldn't go as far to say that I wouldn't recommend it - it is what it is. I just think a sneaky colour change is a poor show for those that thought they were buying one thing and got another. Not impressed. I sincerely hope that this and all the other similar messages get back to the designers as you say it will, and that you will undo this mistake. This is not what the customer wants and surely addressing that is what is most important. I just hope it doesn't take years for it to happen.
Date published: 2017-09-07
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Very thin and flexible For the price, I would not recommend this baseplate. It is made of thin plastic compared to those included in sets and bends easily. The different height also means plates do not line up.
Date published: 2017-08-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Ideal! This is such a great add-on to have for children to make their Lego creations!
Date published: 2017-08-24
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Green base plate The problem I have with the green base plate is that it's thinner than the original bass place that come with Lego sets and it's difficult to connect other plates and bricks with. Why is it made like that?
Date published: 2017-08-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great add-on! This is great for kids to build their LEGO creations on.
Date published: 2017-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect! Awesome addition to the box sets! #plumreview
Date published: 2017-08-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Horrible color These do not match my old baseplates or the greenery I have. The new color is neon green and not natural at all. Please change this back!
Date published: 2017-06-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Amazing Baseplate This is a good start to build my city considering that its my first normal baseplate. Most people are hating this cause its light green but its simple that you can put it in spots for a park.
Date published: 2017-06-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by from You will need it For all lego fans who want to setup a small city or village, this is a must to have. Just be careful about the color and the difference of thickness to the regular lego bricks or other base plates coming with bigger sets
Date published: 2017-06-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by from good plate not bad needed a baseplate sturdy
Date published: 2017-05-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Does The Job Well This green baseplate is perfect for a base for any Lego City as it secures everything well and is not as flimsy as I thought it would be. I bought two of these for my Lego City and there was an exact colour match which was was very nice.
Date published: 2017-05-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Sturdier than I expected Got this when it was on sale and I'm not disappointed. Is a must-have for out-doorsy sets. Not as wobbly as I expected from online reviews. Nab one when it's on sale.
Date published: 2017-04-24
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Flimsy I love LEGO, always have, always will. But these base plates are so disappointing. Maybe I'm remembering the original plates incorrectly (in the 70s, I could swear they were thick and strong), but these plates are not as sturdy as the ones I grew up with. Despite the high price, I bought a bunch for my son so we could build a city. Right away, I knew we were in for a tough time because the plates were warped and would not lie flat. Trying to build a large MOC hospital on these plates with an impatient toddler was nerve-wracking, to say the least. Often, when we were building a wall, pressing the pieces together, another section would collapse because the warped plate would buckle and push pieces off, which led to crying and screaming (mostly my toddler, but I joined in a few times...) and misery. I'm seeking another solution to keep peace in my home. We'll always buy LEGO since we're both obsessed, but I wish your company would put a little more effort into making sturdier plates - even as an alternative at a higher price. We would gladly pay more for sturdier base plates.
Date published: 2017-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great to build on! This is an awesome extra to buy to go with the big box of lego! #plumrewards
Date published: 2017-03-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Helpful Piece A useful base plate for building larger structures.
Date published: 2017-03-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Color Change!? Really LEGO!? We went shopping at a mall, and I got Pokemon X and this green baseplate (except both things were gotten at seperate stores which both stores sell LEGO). I compared this with my other green baseplate which I've had for almost 5 years, I just noticed the differences of my 2 green baseplates. Why did LEGO change the greens!???
Date published: 2017-02-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Green Field A very helpful piece to have in a collection.
Date published: 2017-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Very Useful Almost a must have since its so useful to have a large base.
Date published: 2017-01-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by from New color. I was not happy when i opened up this package. I am currently making my own Lego city, this new color doesn't match any of my existing pieces. These bright green plates will be returned. I really hope they go back to the original darker green, or at least sell them both so as not to ruin the overall look of blending older and newer sets.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Green Grass Great for building houses on, or fencing off land for a lego farm and barn.
Date published: 2017-01-04
Rated 3 out of 5 by from You need a foundation The foundation element. If you like to set up your Lego creations, you'll need this to help give your buildings and minifigures a good foot-hold.
Date published: 2016-12-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good base Great base if you need to use a grass base
Date published: 2016-12-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by from green baseplate good for display small builds or playing on
Date published: 2016-12-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by from lego good base pieces for your legos
Date published: 2016-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great base! Ideal for showing off all those lego creations
Date published: 2016-12-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Basic plate Good, basic plate to display your creations on. Easily spray-painted if you need it to be another colour, but the paint will make the plate curl upward.
Date published: 2016-12-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Must Have! We have multiple. Our kids create all sorts of buildings and have countless hours of fun,
Date published: 2016-11-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great way to display lego great way to display lego
Date published: 2016-11-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Classic Piece My kids love these for building on! Definitely a must for every lego collection!
Date published: 2016-11-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't say enough about base plates! Base plates dramatically improve both the play experience AND clean up! Very highly recommend.
Date published: 2016-09-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Wrong Colour I went into the lego store only to find that the colour of the plate has changed from the darker green it used to be. There was no warning about this and the new color doesn't match LEGO's grass and foliage pieces at all.
Date published: 2016-08-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great color! I really like this baseplate because of the color. It really gives a new level of freshness to models that I build. Also, It comes in different sizes in some of the Creator sets. Another job well done, LEGO!
Date published: 2016-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Just what you'd expect The green base plate is just what you'd expect. It's a large green base that opens up the imagination and lets your children build whatever they want.
Date published: 2016-04-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by from too bright it is the wrong colour. As most of the reviews here say, it should be the normal green instead of bright green which doesn't go with any old baseplates and doesn't even look like grass. also too expensive. please return to the old colour
Date published: 2016-02-21
Rated 1 out of 5 by from this board is too flimsy to build anything of size i have just gotten back into the Lego's as a hobby, some of the changes made with pieces , ( this base plate, and the larger roofing pieces not being available) is very disappointing , i really spent a lot of my time building different styles of houses, interior designing as well as the exterior, so projects were quite large, and these plates can't hold up to the weight , and the larger roofing pieces made a easier on the eye roof line , and not as many pieces to complete a roof line, if i missed somewhere that this roof piece was still available i would have ordered a lot more. at this point i am not sure getting back in to this when most pieces seem more small child toy building, than an adult hobbyist
Date published: 2016-02-06
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Change back to old green I like base plates but not in this new somehow"classic"??? Colour I much prefer the old green and I'm sure a lot of other people agree to
Date published: 2016-01-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by from flat and green I was looking at the site and noticed reviews for the baseplate. I thought-what's to review? It's green and flat. Upon reading reviews,I was educated a bit,I don't know about a color change,being a recent fan and can certainly understand peoples' dismay about color matching,my comment is about actual factual Lego products.Do not be swayed by less expensive knockoffs.I bought some white baseplates on Ebay and won't ever do it again,no matter what the cost,instant annoyance at the clutch factor.You get what you pay for.
Date published: 2016-01-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by from (Like everyone else) I hate the bright green I have to agree with most of the other negative reviews, I hate the new bright green color. My husband and I love Legos, and when my daughter turned 4 she also became a fan. We've bought tons of sets from the Lego Friends line for her. These new green baseplates are fine for her Lego friends world because they match the green "grass" in her Friends world. The problem is that the new green baseplates clash with the older (more realistic) green baseplates from my husband's old sets (we are talking 1980-1989). Our dream of a happy, integrated, aesthetically harmonious world that includes his old and our new sets is just not to be. The old green makes the new green look bad. It looks bright and blaring next to the older, darker green. The darker green flower stems and foliage also make the new green baseplate look overly bright and fake. Our new Ferris wheel has the brighter green on the baseplates, but uses the darker green above that. I'm not sure why they made that decision. Please consider making both green baseplates available in the future. If you just switched back to the old green, my daughter's Friends world might look off when we buy baseplates to expand it, and I'm sure that people with only newer sets would not be happy.
Date published: 2015-10-23
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Decent... The baseplate is alright. I can see how people would gripe and groan over the color, but it's not too bad. I got a darker green baseplate, and, yes, they aren't identical. But mine has served me well, and is currently upholding a 2 & 1/2-story mansion, so i don't see any real fuss.
Date published: 2015-09-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great quality product. Will purchase again very soon. :D
Date published: 2015-09-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Wrong color I drove a half hour to the Lego store today to purchase more baseplates. I was extremely disappointed to find that these "classic" green baseplates are a different color. This bright green is not suitable for making grass landscapes at all. It doesn't match the foliage, so I can no longer use flower bases to make tall grass. There was no need to change the color. These don't match the rest of my displays, or our Lego table. Even my two daughters (4 and 6) declared them the wrong color. I have some smaller base plates in this color that came with my kids' Lego Friends sets, and they really do not match everything else. Bring back the old color, please!
Date published: 2015-08-29
Rated 2 out of 5 by from I just thought I remembered the colors wrong Ha, now, reading these reviews, I realize I had not gone completely senile when I thought the color was off. I found LEGOs again recently, and have bought some sets. When I got this one, I just thought I remembered the LEGO baseplate green color wrong... But apparently they have changed it. So no, it is not a flattering color. It is bright, plasticky (in a non LEGO way), and does not represent any kind of natural grass green.
Date published: 2015-08-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Color Change is pretty lame. I've been a fan of LEGO for a very long time, and when I went to my local LEGO store to find out that the baseplate's color changed to a lighter green I was pretty disappointed. I understand that the change wont affect children playing with LEGO, they might even like it more for its bright and more playful, but less realistic, color (my child doesn't like the new color as much as the old color). But for anyone looking to build a realistic MOC (My Own Creation) the color is a turn away. Please Let the Old Color Coexist with the newer color.
Date published: 2015-07-31
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Ho the colour! First time I have ever been disappointed with a Lego product - in 30+ years. To echo what other reviewers have said: not only is the new fluo-like colour unsuitable for a grass type looking base, but it is a complete mismatch with the rest of my (our) collection(s), some dating back a few decades.... My oldest green plates (8x16 from the early 80s) match the green of the 32x32 I had bought only last year and, based on the shop's picture, this is what I was expecting this time around ... With the new green baseplates, my dio now looks like a mismatched patchwork. I hope Lego will come back on their decision and return to the old green production. Though the new colour brings variety, the older green should have never been discontinued, certainly not without giving some early warning for such a drastic change in colour practice for the green baseplate spanning decades of production .. Otherwise, I just love Lego bricks!! Cheers.
Date published: 2015-05-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Everything is awesome This was a great product in my opinion for three reasons. (1) it came quickly in the mail. (2) the price was reasonable. (3) the color and size is perfect for my upcoming projects. I think I'll come back and buy some more soon.
Date published: 2015-04-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Color change It is disappointing that Lego decided to change the color. Bring back the old color!
Date published: 2015-03-21
Rated 1 out of 5 by from WRONG COLOR I ordered 6 green baseplates to complete an addition to my Lego table. I was so disappointed when I opened one of them up and noticed the drastic color difference between the green that Lego baseplates have always been and this new lighter green. It does not go with the older road baseplates that I have. I wish Lego would have let me know that they were changing the color. I will be returning these baseplates with the hope that Lego can provide me with ones that are the TRUE classic green color.
Date published: 2015-03-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Nice Change I can understand the disappointment for some people with the colour change of the baseplate. However, the colour change does add some variety in adding greenery to you LEGO scene. I use a variety of coloured baseplates to complement my building so it adds realism while creating my LEGO world. I would like to see LEGO update the product description so you know exactly what colour of baseplate you are buying. I am not too concerned about the slight price increase, it is only minimal $2.00 CDN and the larger grey baseplate has actually come down in price from the previous one from $19.99 to $17.99 CDN.
Date published: 2015-02-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Bad for your money. I was very disappointed in the fact that you pay $8.00 (us dollars) for a very flimsy, light colored green different from regular dark green plates, and non connectable bottomed plate. Horrible for your money.
Date published: 2015-02-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Wrong Color I purchased 4 of these bases from Lego online assuming that they were the same medium green color that all of my other base plates are. When I opened the package I was disappointed to find that they were a pale, sickly looking, light, bright green. I contacted Lego customer support and arranged to return them as they didn't match anything that I have. If Lego is going to make a drastic color change to a product, they should somehow note it in the product description. This item was a big disappointment.
Date published: 2015-01-31
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Very Disappointed... ...not so much about the price increase, though I do think it was too much of an increase. You say you haven't raised the price of this product since 1996 when it originally came out, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need to raise it now. And it certainly doesn't mean you NEED to raise it that much. I mean... are you losing money selling it for what it was? Are you not making the profit margin you make on other things? Anyway... enough on this. The main point for me writing this review is to be critical of your choice to change the color with NO warning. At least let us have both the lighter color and the darker color for a bit and warn us that the darker color is going to go away for a bit. The lighter color (though perhaps nice for young kids) is virtually useless for collector's that are needing a 'grass' color that can be built on with dark green plates or plants or ANY kind of natural looking growth. You are going to see ridiculous prices on Ebay for the old plates now, which is VERY discouraging for me as an avid Lego collector. Please give us back the dark green plates. Like others, I did give this product a 'fair' rating because it is still a good quality product. Just a little pricey for what you get and an almost completely unusable color choice.
Date published: 2015-01-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Not the classic baseplate! How is this 'classic'? This baseplate is a different color than the baseplates that I have been collecting for the past several decades. Since it does not match, that reduces the play value for me. The price has also increased dramatically thus reducing the value. I am also unhappy that the blue baseplates have been dropped. Other than that, it is a high quality product that you would expect from LEGO.
Date published: 2015-01-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Change of colour, but still the same good product This product is obviously a 32x32 baseplate in green. Just like similar ones, although note that there is a colour change. It has gone from being DK. GREEN to BR. GREEN in lego colour conventions. If you want a mach to your old green baseplates, then this will not be the same colour. However, if you want a different shade of green for different areas of grass, then this is fine. Product works exactly as it has done in the past. And no price change for UK.
Date published: 2015-01-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Not as advertised, 60% price increase This is not the original green color. The picture is deceiving and the product description does not mention this: these baseplates are BRIGHT green, not regular green. As such, they are completely useless for anyone with a large collection of green baseplates because they will stand out like a sore thumb. Increasing the price by 60% adds insult to injury. Lego, please go back to the original green and back the price down a notch.
Date published: 2015-01-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by from All they did was raise the price. All they did was raise the price. Seriously, Why Lego Why. $4.99 was a good price but you had raise it to $7.99. Other than that the base plate is great expect the price.
Date published: 2015-01-11
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Same Plate, Higher Price LEGO has simply taken the same Green Base plate they have sold for years and given it a different name along with a substantial price increase. A 60% price hike over 1 year is a bit extreme. It used to be $4.99 USD. I got sticker shock when I saw these new plates. It is still a good quality product from LEGO, it will just cost much more.
Date published: 2015-01-08
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Really, lego? I can understand supply and demand, but a 60% increase in the price of this product is extremely cruel. There is no way that the value of these baseplates could have suddenly jumped from 5$ USD to 8$ USD. I used to be able to buy 8 for 40$ but now I can only buy 5 for 40$. I use baseplates and need them a lot in my city all the time!! Now I have to pay 60% more!!! However, as a product if I were to *ignore* the price. I think this is a very useful product. You can build anything on it, it has a pretty good amount of coverage and it's almost absolutely necessary when making a city, or town, or any layout with greenery. -An upset customer who would like some answers at the very least for this crazy price increase
Date published: 2015-01-07