Study Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco Rocha by Coco RochaStudy Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco Rocha by Coco Rocha

Study Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco Rocha

byCoco Rocha

Hardcover | October 28, 2014

not yet rated|write a review

Pricing and Purchase Info

$63.67 online 
$75.00 list price save 15%
Earn 318 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

A groundbreaking, in-depth exploration of the movement and flexibility of the human body, featuring 1,000 stunning black-and-white photographs that showcase the unique collaboration between international supermodel Coco Rocha, “The Queen of Pose,” and world-renowned photographer Steven Sebring.

Supermodel Coco Rocha’s uncanny ability to strike distinctive, camera-ready poses at an astounding speed has earned her international fame throughout the fashion industry—and made her the muse of celebrated photographer Steven Sebring. In Study of Pose, Sebring and Rocha have documented 1,000 unique poses—theatrical, vibrant, elegant, dramatic, and unlike anything the fashion or art worlds have seen before.

Study of Pose features Rocha in a simple white leotard—bending, jumping, sitting, standing, and everything in between. The result is a gorgeous and arresting look at the potential of the human form.

Packaged in a beautiful black case with two black satin bookmarks and a four-color bellyband with French folds, Study of Pose is sure to become an essential reference for Rocha’s millions of fans around the world, as well as all models, artists, photographers, and lovers of art and fashion. 

About The Author

COCO ROCHAis currently one of the top high fashion models in the world. Her advertising campaigns include Longchamp, Chanel, Lanvin, Versace, Balenciaga, YSL Beaute, L'Oreal, Dolce & Gabbana, The Gap, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Zac Posen, DeBeers, Uniqlo, and Rimmel London, among many others. In addition to her advertising and runw...

Details & Specs

Title:Study Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco RochaFormat:HardcoverDimensions:2032 pages, 8.5 × 7 × 2.63 inPublished:October 28, 2014Publisher:HarperCollinsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:006232814X

ISBN - 13:9780062328144

Look for similar items by category:

Nearby Stores

We found 0 nearby stores

Customer Reviews of Study Of Pose: 1,000 Poses By Coco Rocha

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Staple for Models! This book delivers exactly what the title says - 1000 poses are presented, while the model wears the same outfit for all of them in order for the focus to be on the poses. My only complaint is that some poses appear to be similar.
Date published: 2017-04-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by from beautiful work, glad to own it I am glad to have this book, as someone who has studied fashion and visual arts, with weeks worth of figure drawing study. This is definitely not literally a book about a single model or a specific form of human body, but a massive documentation of the range of shape, movement, pose, composition, contour and space of the human body. The lighting is is high contrast and perfect for study; as lighting is important in defining shape in a 2d photographic image and is something that is usually over-looked in similar books. There are no poses that are the same but at different angles, it really is 1000 unique poses. Most of the pages do indeed stick together, but not as a glue defect. The pages are light and get stuck statically from the size of the book, vast number of pages (2000+), and binding necessary to keep the pages turnable and ultimately the whole book usable. It really is bound well, better than many books less than half it's size in pages (no problems in the center of the book or the far ends). The paper is thin but not low quality; there is no quality lost in the photos where blacks are black and light areas are light. Once unstuck, the pages do not get stuck again. It's of no inconvenience to me, especially considering the usefulness I personally get from this book, but that may be a deal-breaker to some.
Date published: 2014-12-31
Rated 2 out of 5 by from study of pose review I don't usually write reviews. The pages of this book are light weight paper and stick together. After carefully separating several pages, I made the decision to return this book. I could not bare taking a minute or more to separate 1000 pages. Aside from that the lighting in the images is high contrast and I found the shadows too dark to really be useful for my own study of the human body in pose. Coco is very talented but as I am interested in fashion, I found her expressions to be much less useful than her poses. I did not know it was $30 less expensive online. But for the $75 I paid in store I don't feel I was too critical of the book. So, as I wrote above, I returned this book. It comes wrapped, I suggest you unwrap it and examine before you buy it.
Date published: 2014-12-24

Extra Content

Editorial Reviews

“As you begin paging through Study of Pose you find yourself caught up in each picture’s story.”