Oxford Bookworms Library: Level 6: 2,500 Word vocabulary Pride and Prejudice

Paperback | March 22, 2007

byJane Austen

not yet rated|write a review
"The moment I first met you, I noticed your pride, your sense of superiority, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. You are the last man in the world whom I could ever be persuaded to marry," said Elizabeth Bennet. And so Elizabeth rejects the proud Mr Darcy. Can nothingovercome her prejudice against him? And what of the other Bennet girls - their fortunes, and misfortunes, in the business of getting husbands? This famous novel by Jane Austen is full of wise and humorous observation of the people and manners of her times.This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.Before, during, and after reading activities included in the back of each book strengthen student comprehension.Audio versions of selected titles provide great models of intonation and pronunciation of difficult words.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$12.94 online
$12.95 list price
In stock online
Ships free on orders over $25

From the Publisher

"The moment I first met you, I noticed your pride, your sense of superiority, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. You are the last man in the world whom I could ever be persuaded to marry," said Elizabeth Bennet. And so Elizabeth rejects the proud Mr Darcy. Can nothingovercome her prejudice against him? And what of th...

Jane Austen (1775-1817), one of Britain's best-loved authors, led an uneventful life. Her novels deal with the relationships and manners of the English middle-class, and she wrote with a wit and sharpness of observation that have made her famous to this day.

other books by Jane Austen

Word Cloud Box Set: Lavender
Word Cloud Box Set: Lavender

Paperback|Aug 26 2015

$81.94 online$139.95list price(save 41%)
Jane Austen: The Complete Works: Classics Hardcover Boxed Set
Jane Austen: The Complete Works: Classics Hardcover Box...

Hardcover|Nov 24 2015

$152.98 online$208.00list price(save 26%)
Oxford Illustrated Jane Austen Set
Oxford Illustrated Jane Austen Set

Hardcover|Feb 1 1994

$177.24 online$195.00list price(save 9%)
see all books by Jane Austen
Format:PaperbackDimensions:4.88 × 7.6 × 0.51 inPublished:March 22, 2007Publisher:Oxford University PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0194237621

ISBN - 13:9780194237628

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Oxford Bookworms Library: Level 6: 2,500 Word vocabulary Pride and Prejudice

Reviews