The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: (cloth-covered, Flexible Binding)

Hardcover | March 1, 2004

byJudika Illes

not yet rated|write a review
The definitive magic reference book for Witches, Wiccans and all devotees of the magical arts. This is the real version of the archetypal master spell book of fantasy that has a place in our collective imagination.The spell book also contains a brief history of and basic precepts of magic, plus material about the tools of Witchcraft.Sales Handles:. Today there are many books of spells for specific needs and occasions for the practising Wiccan/witch, but no comprehensive and inclusive magic reference book exists.. This is the magical equivalent of a prize and inspirational cookbook: nothing is too basic to be explained and yet sophisticated tastes as well as emergency situations are catered for.. The book goes beyond merely the Wiccan tradition to include a multitude of eastern and western magical traditions whilst fulfilling the archetypal fantasy of the grand grimoire (master spell book).. From Merlin and Grimm's fairytales, to Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Disney's Sorcerer's Apprentice, plus countless other fantasy stories, the master spell book has a place in our collective imagination. This book is that fantasy made real.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$35.56 online
$39.95 list price (save 10%)
In stock online
Ships free on orders over $25
Prices may vary. why?
Please call ahead to confirm inventory.

From the Publisher

The definitive magic reference book for Witches, Wiccans and all devotees of the magical arts. This is the real version of the archetypal master spell book of fantasy that has a place in our collective imagination.The spell book also contains a brief history of and basic precepts of magic, plus material about the tools of Witchcraft.Sa...

Judika Illes' introduction to magic and mysticism was at 6 years old. She became a professional tarot card reader in 1988, became certified inaromatherapy in 1999, was a tutor at the Australasian College of Herbal Studies, and has taught multi-cultural studies, world mythology, tarot and magic to children and adults. She lives in Los A...

other books by Judika Illes

The Big Book Of Practical Spells: Everyday Magic That Works
The Big Book Of Practical Spells: Everyday Magic That W...

Paperback|Jun 8 2016

$23.34 online$27.95list price(save 16%)
Encyclopedia Of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods…
Encyclopedia Of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magi...

Hardcover|Jan 27 2009

$32.94 online$43.50list price(save 24%)
Magic When You Need It: 150 Spells You Can't Live Without
Magic When You Need It: 150 Spells You Can't Live Witho...

Paperback|Jun 21 2007

$16.79 online$24.95list price(save 32%)
see all books by Judika Illes
Format:HardcoverDimensions:1120 pagesPublished:March 1, 2004Publisher:HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERSLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0007164653

ISBN - 13:9780007164653

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: (cloth-covered, Flexible Binding)

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! It has such interesting subjects to learn about. Ancient magic to how to make your own wand, to even so natural remedies for health. I love it, and I love how it looks on my bookshelf!
Date published: 2016-11-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One of the Best This is pretty much THE book most people will own if you own any 'spell book'. Everything from home cleansing to curses and all the spells inbetween. I also appreciate in the beginning that they give fair warning if you are to use any of the proceeding spells. #plumreview
Date published: 2016-11-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from wicket cool The book once I picked ot up I coundn't put it down there is so much information in it.some of the stuff I liked is there is a raise a corpse spell and summoning spells like crazy,banishing bad luck and many many more.I recommend the book and give it a A+++. BLESSING from the shadowbat
Date published: 2009-12-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best book I have EVER bought I would have to say, that this is the best book I have EVER bought! It has become my "go-to" book for everything I may need to know about spells. It covers pretty much everything from many different views, cultures and religions. I would recommend this book as well as the other books by Judika Illes to anyone, from a "newbie", to the seasoned professional.
Date published: 2008-03-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing amount of information! I was interested in finding a book containing all kinds of different spells, I got that and more! There is a wealth of information about the magical arts, quick reference guides, modern and historical spells and more. If anyone is interested in magic and the occult this book is a must!
Date published: 2006-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Absoluily amazing This book has everything in it . I've done 4 spells so far and they have worked. If your are a witch like i am this is an excellent book to get..
Date published: 2006-06-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from AWSOME oh my gosh anyone who is into wicca or witchcraft will love this book
Date published: 2006-01-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! This book is a must have for anyone interested in the craft. It is a well of information - every topic you can think of is mentioned in this book. I also loved it for the lore. The most complete book of spells i've ever seen.
Date published: 2005-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from ***** Just what I needed. Perfect.
Date published: 2005-11-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great book Even though a part of me dislikes the stereotyped 'wiccan spell books', I really love having this one on my shelf... It's very thorough, and it appeals to someone (I find) that's authentically Wiccan rather than the tweeny trendy type...
Date published: 2004-12-03

Extra Content

Editorial Reviews

Previous publications:Earth Mother Magic: Ancient Spells for Modern Belles (Fair Winds Press, 2001)Emergency Magic! 150 Spells for Surviving the Worst-Case Scenario (Fair Winds Press, 2002)Spells: The Anthology (Seventh House Publications, 2002)